Tomatoes are great and almost everything is better with them. But what do we do if we spill some tomatoes or some tomato sauce on the carpet?
Here you will find some methods on how to deal with this problem.
A Spoon and a Knife
1. Be gentle when you remove the tomato sauce from the carpet with a spoon or a knife. Always go from the sides to the middle to avoid it spreading even more.
2. Before using a damped sponge make sure to pour some club soda on the spot that’s on the carpet.
3. Then be firm and press the sponge on the spot and soak up the tomato sauce in it.
4. Press a paper towel with care on the spot to absorb the remaining liquid.
5. Now mix 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap with two cups of cold water. Soak a clean cloth or sponge in the solution. Use it on the affected area.
6. When you finish just rinse the carpet with cold water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
A Slice of Lemon to do the Trick
1. Use a clean cloth or sponge soaked in cold water. Then be careful and sponge it going from outside to inside.
2. Use a slice of lemon to rub it in the affected area of the carpet.
3. After this pour a lot of water on the carpet and then dry it out as much as possible with a clean cloth or towel.
4. When the drying is complete the stain should no longer be visible.
1. This method requires you to mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with 3 tablespoons of cold water. Now before proceeding, you should test this solvent. Do it on a small non-visible side of the carpet just to make sure it is not going to damage the fabrics.
2. When the test is complete pour that mixture on the affected part of the carpet and let it soak into the fibres.
3. Then cover the sport with a white towel for about 30 minutes to prevent any light from entering. You should, however, check the carpet every 5 minutes to be sure it is not changing colours.
4. When this is complete all you have to do is rinse the carpet with cold water. This way there should be no trace of that tomato stain.